Finding a workout that is fun and gives you the right amount of exercise is not easy. Having a workout with a balance between strength training and cardio is important in order to achieve weight-loss and tone your muscles. Kickboxing is a sport provides that perfect balance. It is a full-body and high-intensity cardiovascular workout that takes a lot of stamina and endurance. Here are some reasons you should include kickboxing in your weekly schedule:
- High Intensity Interval Training – You are almost always giving your 100% energy and then resting for a short while before doing it again-over and over again, so you’ll remain pumped throughout and get an intensive and productive workout.
- Gain Flexibility/Balance – Kickboxing will hone your flexibility and inner balance at all times. These are very important skills that are usually overlooked in other forms of exercise or in gyms workouts.
- Anyone can do it – To kickbox, you don’t necessarily have to be strong or flexible or in shape—you just need that motivation and will. It’s a suitable form of exercise for anyone from teens to adults as well.
- Learn about self-defense – Several self-defense moves are incorporated into kickboxing techniques. You learn how to stand your ground, throw a punch, aim an effective kick and block others from hitting you. These may come in handy someday.
- De-Stress – Kickboxing allows you to channel those stressful vibes and punch it out – literally. Along with a great workout you also get a great outlet to channel stress and relax. Not only will you feel energized, but you are sure to feel strong and refreshed as well.
Are you going to make kickboxing a part of your cardio regime?