As winter approaches and the days get cold, our skin often goes from smooth and soft to dry and flaky. Though there are tons of commercial products claiming to moisturize your skin, natural remedy for dry skin and it’s benefits are equally beneficial.
Treat your dry skin with these remedies:
- Before bedtime, take a nice and not-too-hot bath until all your fingers and toes start to wrinkle. Dab dry your skin, and apply a smother a layer of oil all over your body. Cover your entire body with oil, and jump right into bed. Your body will soak in the oil and you’ll wake up feeling much softer.
- During the winter, we are inclined towards taking steaming hot showers. Unfortunately, showering with really hot water will only dry out your skin. Switch the hot to lukewarm and remember to scrub your body regularly and gently to maintain smooth and soft skin.
- Try milk instead of moisturizer for an effective natural remedy. Pour some milk into a bowl, dip in a washcloth and put it over different parts of your body for a few minutes. Milk has properties that help get rid of dryness and itchiness.
- When you shower along with lukewarm water, use a mixture of some milk and honey. Apply the milk and honey mixture across your skin and let it sit for a few minutes. Then rinse it off for moisturized skin.
- Honey is great mixed with some olive oil and lemon juice as well. A spoon of honey, spoon of olive oil and some lemon juice mixed well and applied the dry areas can work wonders. Rinse it off after 30 minutes for well nourished skin.
Try these tips and relieve your skin from unwanted dryness.