Your hair has a mind of its own and no matter how perfect your hair is, you’re bound to have off days and resort to hair spray. Sometimes, fancy bottles and complex ingredients used in mixtures for beauty products don’t satisfy the grooming needs of people. There are some people that tend to prefer homemade solutions made from the scratch because these solutions are perfectly natural and free of chemicals. Though everyone wants to look good, it’s difficult to dedicate all the time in the world to grooming yourself. So, if you are looking for an easy homemade remedy to make a natural hair spray solution, here is a natural hair spray solution to tame your locks:
- Gather an orange, lemon and cut them into slices.
- Place the orange and lemon wedges in a pot, combine it with two cups of water and let it simmer until the liquid reduces by half.
- Then, use a cheesecloth to drain out the liquid into a measuring cup.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture and a few about 2 tablespoons of high-proof vodka to the mixture and stir it well.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
For optimum results use an orange for dark hair and lemon for light hair. Also, be mindful that this mixture does not work with freezing hair-do’s; it’s for a flexible hold.
So, bring out the scientist in you, experiment a little and get the solution going!