One of the few painful and embarrassing skin conditions that most must suffer through during their teenage years is acne. The scars it leaves behind are even more unpleasant reminders of your skin’s sensitive condition. Though these scars usually fade away in a few weeks, who wouldn’t want to speed up that process? Home remedies can help to lighten these scars and prevent any further hyper-pigmentation. One of the most effective home remedies is using lemon juice!
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon juice acts as a natural bleach and is an excellent skin lightening agent. Vitamin C in lemon helps to rebuild collagen, subsequently lightening acne scars and reducing redness as well. After using this remedy, be sure to put on sunblock as the lemon will make your skin more sensitive to the sun’s rays.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice into a small container and add equal parts water to dilute the juice.
- Take a cotton ball and apply the mixture directly onto your scars, while avoiding other unaffected skin areas.
- Leave the lemon juice on for around 20 -25 minutes before washing it off with water
- Moisturize immediately after washing your face, because the citric acid in the lemon can have a drying effect on the skin.
- Optional: Add one teaspoon of honey to the mixture to make a thicker mask and follow the same steps.
- Repeat this process once a day for 2 to 3 weeks and watch as your face begins to clear up.
Try this simple home remedy and relieve your skin from acne scars.