Brittany Mays aka “Flawless Britny” is a young lady who loves all things hair and beauty. She aims to inspire ladies everywhere to feel confident, beautiful, + happy within her movement “Diamond Nation.” Brittany also wants to share all the tips + tricks she knows about hair on her YouTube channel in hopes of encouraging women to properly care for, style, and grow their hair themselves.
How were you inspired to begin your channel?
– I was inspired one day while watching hair + makeup tutorials on YouTube. I figured I knew enough about hair and had some tips I could share that would be very useful, so I decided to start my channel!
Where did you start?
– I started in Milwaukee, WI in my bathroom using my Samsung Galaxy S4… LOL!
What inspires you and keeps you moving forward?
– I’m inspired by the comments that I receive from all of the ladies who watch my videos, whether it be online or in person! I love knowing that I was able to teach so many people something new and make them laugh…
I also love interacting with so many different ladies around the world and feeling a sense of girl power
Why are you passionate about it?
– I’m passionate about my channel because I put effort and time into it, and I love the process. I also love interacting with so many different ladies around the world and feeling a sense of girl power.
What’s your favorite aspect of the beauty & cosmetics industry?
– My favorite aspect is how fun it is, and the fact that it brings out the creativity + inner beauty of women! There are no limits when it comes to beauty & cosmetics.
What makes your brand unique from other beauty channels?
– I think the number one thing that makes my brand unique is that I’m true to myself. When I started my channel, it was extremely important to me to show my viewers the real me! Whether I’m on or off camera, what you see is what you get.
How do you organize/plan out your content?
– I have a list of ideas for future videos that I add to when I’m inspired by something, or a topic is heavy on my mind. I take ideas ideas from the list as I go, film + edit, then upload.
What is your goal for your channel? Dreams?
– My goal for my channel is for it to teach and inspire as many ladies as possible. I feel strongly about female empowerment and working together by sharing information. One of my dreams is to have 100,000 subscribers!
Who are your typical followers?
– My typical followers are ladies between the ages of 14-35 who are interested in hair and makeup.
How would you describe them?
– I would describe them as ladies who like to try different hairstyles and are eager enough to want to learn to do it themselves; ladies who want to get fit, or ladies who need a bit of inspiration to feel beautiful.
Do you have any tips for others trying to break into the beauty industry?
– My advice would be to always be yourself, don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone; and remember that though there are lots of beauty gurus, none of them are you + that’s what makes you special. Use your superpower! 🙂
I feel strongly about female empowerment and working together by sharing information
What are your favorite beauty products or your go-to skincare regimen?
– My favorite beauty products are Anastasia dip brow pomade, Maybelline “falsies” mascara, and Revlon matte lip creams! I also can’t go without my liquid matte black eyeliner. #matteislife
What products are you currently using on a daily basis?
– I’m currently using Brazilian Bum Bum cream for my body, tea tree oil for my face, and Cantu leave-in conditioner in my hair on a daily basis.
What’s your personal style?
– I feel like my style is all over the place, LOL! One day I may want to wear joggers + converse shoes, then red lipstick + booties, then all black. I like to think that my style is determined by my mood for the day…
How does your personal style influence your branding?
– My personal style heavily influences my branding because I’m true to myself and it shows. I put all of me into my branding from my personality to my favorite colors + sayings.
What’s your favorite brand and why?
– My favorite brand is Victoria’s Secret/PINK! Aside from their super cute lingerie and clothing, I love how they make it okay for women to be sexy.
Want to learn more about Brittany ? Follow her on social media: